The application process for universities and colleges abroad are a bit different from what we have in India. Most of the universities and colleges abroad offer 2 intakes around the months of September and January. There are a few institutions that may also accept a 3rd intake around April or May.
Given below is the complete process of 2020 intake to study abroad for August-September.
STEP 1: Prepare and Crack the standardized exams Feb-March 2020
- Prepare for IELTS exam.
- Register for IELTS exam before 1 month of the test date.
- Take the required test , also Plan for buffer time if in case you need to reappear in the test. Check test taking and re-exam procedure and guidelines.
STEP 2: It’s application time between April-May 2020
- Shortlist the colleges and prepare for your application.
- Contact your professors and direct managers for the reference letters.
- Start drafting your SOP and essays.
- Apply before the deadline!
STEP 3: Make Admission Decision between June-July 2020
- Reply all college emails on time.
- Appear for personal/video interviews
- Make quick decisions once you get acceptance letters.
- Notify the universities about your decision before the deadline.
- Confirm your admission by paying a non-refundable deposit.
STEP 4: Visa and money – June – Aug 2020
- Apply for student loan once you receive your acceptance letter.
- Complete paperwork for student visa. Check visa requirements.
- Apply for student visa on time.
FINAL STEP: Get ready to fly by Aug- Sept 2020
- Book your airline tickets.
- Make an arrangement for International Debit/Credit card.
- Collect all the documents and get their photocopies along.
- Check out the Pre-departure checklist!
Want to get good IELTS score in short time? Lizz Academy has introduced a unique IELTS program for You!
‘Crack IELTS, in 6 steps with Anil Stancilavose and LIZZ‘ Click the link to know more about the program.